Have you ever wondered how YOU developed hypothyroidism? Do you question how it is possible if you have a fairly healthy diet and lifestyle?
In episode 72 of Thyroid Answers we talk with the Wholistic Health Boss, Jenn Malecha. Jenn's own history and thyroid challenges led her down the path of becoming a Health Coach.
In this episode we cover:
Jenn Malecha supports busy, health-mind professionals in taking back control of their health by giving them access to the right lab tests and resources so they can find the missing pieces of their health puzzle, actually fix what is wrong and get back to feeling like themselves again.
Using over a decade of personal training experience, training in Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and Transformational Coaching, she creates personalized health-rebuilding programs for clients that are realistic and sustainable for long-lasting results, and that empower clients to be the boss of their own health.
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner
Transformational Health Coach
Certified Personal Trainer
In Episode 71 the doctors interview Sandra Scheinbaum, Ph.D., IFMCP who is the founder and CEO of Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. Topics discussed in this episode include:
- Definition of Functional Medicine
- Functional vs Integrative vs Allopathic Medicine
- Functional Medicine Doctor vs Health Coach
- Role of a Health Coach
- Foundational concepts of functional medicine
- More ...
If you have ever wondered what a Health Coach is and what the role of a health coach is this will be an important episode to listen to or watch.
Maybe you know what a health coach is and have thought of being one yourself. Dr Sheinbaum discusses her coaching program and how you too can become a health coach.
Health & wellness practitioner and educator Dr. Sandra Scheinbaum is passionate about transforming our broken healthcare system and empowering people to become CEOs of their own health. She believes that a great health coach is the ally each of us needs to make healthy changes that actually last. With her co-founder Elyse Wagner and in collaboration with The Institute for Functional Medicine, Dr. Scheinbaum founded The Functional Medicine Coaching Academy in 2014. A clinical psychologist for over 35 years, Dr. Scheinbaum is an expert in positive psychology and mind-body medicine, and the author of "Functional Medicine Coaching," "Stop Panic Attacks in 10 Easy Steps," and "How to Give Clients the Skills to Stop Panic Attacks."
In this episode the doctors interview Tiffany regarding her recovery from thyroid cancer and her journey to helping others recover from thyroid disorders.
Topics covered include:
- What is the 8-week Rock Bottom Thyroid Reset (RBTR)?
- How is RBTR different from other thyroid health diets and protocols?
- What can people expect from the Rock Bottom Thyroid Reset?
- Is it a weight loss plan, a diet for thyroid health, an exercise plan, or a little bit of everything?
- You were diagnosed with thyroid cancer and had to have your thyroid removed. Were there any surprising effects on your health that the doctors didn’t prepare you for?
- How did you decide to become a board-certified nutritionist? What does nutrition have to do with thyroid health?
- How does your thyroid affect other aspects of your health like mood, weight, sleep, and even blood sugar?
- How do you work with clients inside your nutrition consulting business Rock Bottom Wellness?
Tiffany Flaten, M.Ed., MSN, CNS is a thyroid expert in nutrition. As founder of Rock Bottom Wellness, Tiffany helps thyroid patients improve their symptoms through proper nutrition education. She’s helped hundreds of women and men get to the root cause, find a way up from rock bottom, be their own best advocate, and shortcut the path to an amazing life. Rock Bottom Thyroid Treatment: An 8-Week Thyroid Diet for People with “Normal” Thyroid Test Results to Thrive Not Just Survive is Tiffany’s first book. Meet others on the journey to better thyroid health at www.rockbottomwellness.com/group. Book a free Thyroid Breakthrough Session with Tiffany at www.rockbottomwellness.com/breakthrough to get a personalized plan for the next leg of your thyroid journey.